Mountain View Recovery Center
Notice of HIPAA Privacy Practices
Treatment, payment and health care operations:
Mountain View Recovery Center will not use and/or discloses your protected health information for treatment, payment, and health care operations with anyone outside the facility unless a Confidential release of information is signed by the client or in the event an emergency occurs. All health records are kept in a 2 lock electronic medical records system.
If a staff member indicates that you are in need of emergency medical care, every reasonable effort will be made to release pertinent medical information to the emergency medical facility. If the emergency is life threatening, every effort will be made to notify your parent(s) or family prior to any treatment.
Your rights regarding the privacy of your health information: Subject to limitations outlined by law, you have certain rights related to use and disclosure of your protected health information, including the right to:
- Request restrictions on certain uses and disclosures. However, Mountain View Recovery Center is not obligated to agree to requested restrictions;
- Receive confidential communications or protected health information;
- Inspect and copy your protected health information with some limited exceptions;
- Amend your health information;
- Receive an accounting of disclosures of your health information;
- Obtain a copy of this notice.
Mountain View Recovery Center duties regarding the privacy of your health information:
Subject to limitations outlined by law, Mountain View Recovery Center has certain duties related to your protected health information, including:
- Mountain View Recovery Center is required by law to maintain the privacy of protected health information and to provide individuals with notice of our legal duties and privacy practices with respect to protected health information.
- Mountain View Recovery Center is required to abide by the terms of the privacy notice that is currently in effect.
- Mountain View Recovery Center reserves the right to change a privacy practice described in this notice and to make such change effective for all protected health information. Revised notice will be posted in our office and available upon request.
If you believe your privacy rights have been violated, you may make a complaint by contacting the Executive Director at 719-651-7584 or by email at email@example.com or the Secretary for the Department of Health and Human Services. No individual will be retaliated against for filing a complaint.